About Ninebark Aussies
Ninebark Aussies: Australian Shepherd breeders located in Ontario, Canada, dedicated to breeding healthy, well adjusted, and beautiful Australian Shepherds for active companionship, conformation, and performance. Nestled in 23 wooded acres near Renfrew up the Ottawa Valley, Ninebark Aussies is run by Valerie Yates with the assistance of her family. Ninebark Aussies strives to breed Australian Shepherds that are beautiful, sound in mind and body, true to the breed standard, and versatile - able to shine on the family couch, in the show ring, and in sports venues of all kinds.
Ninebark Aussies was established in 2005, with two beautiful foundation females - both of which attained Record of Merit I status in 2014: AKC/CKC Ch MontRose Secret Garden ROMX I SJ-R and HOF ASCA Ch/CKC Ch Sonrise Little Red Hen ROMX I UNJ UJJ NJ-N JJ-N HIC DJ. In 2015, Ninebark achieved Hall of Fame Kennel II with the Canadian National Australian Shepherd Association. In 2017, Ninebark became the 3rd ASCA Hall of Fame Kennel in Canada, and achieved requirements for USASA Hall of Fame Kennel. Valerie is an ASCA Provisional Breeder Judge.
Our Aussies live in our home and not in a kennel. They enjoy a central place in our hearts and home, as cherished companions. We raise our Aussies in a manner that we feel is most conducive to their happiness, health, and longevity. This means:
- a diet of raw and home cooked foods
- minimal vaccination protocol as per Jean Dodds DVM
- no maintenance drugs, save for regular worming
- an environment that is as free of toxins as possible (no chemicals used on our 25 acres)
All breeding stock are conformation Champions and have health clearances, including:
- OFA Cardiac
- OFA hips and elbows
- Yearly eye clearances
- DNA tests for Hereditary Cataract, Collie Eye Anomaly, and Progressive Retinal Atrophy
- MDR1 DNA test
Proud feeder of BCR
All litters are thoughtfully bred, with the best interests of the breed and of our breeding program foremost in mind. Puppies are well socialized with kids and cats, and are conscientiously placed in loving and forever homes.
We do not sell breeding prospects: all puppies are sold on a spay/neuter contract. We do not ship puppies overseas.
I am Vice President and a founding member of the Central Ontario Australian Shepherd Club (COASC), and proud member in good standing of the following clubs:
- Canadian Kennel Club (CKC)
- Canadian National Australian Shepherd Assocation (CNASA)
- Australian Shepherd Club of America (ASCA)
- United States Australian Shepherd Association (USASA)
- Heart of New York Australian Shepherd Club (HONYASC)